Regency Oils was founded in 1957, as a fuel supplier, by Charles Milne and his two sons John and Stephen. It supplied the fishing fleet, farming industry and domestic market. In 1958, the family also opened a garage and petrol station under the Regent brand.
Stephen's son, Robert, joined the company in the late 1980s and is now the sole Managing Director of the company. Robert has seen the company strengthen and grow to the present day.